Do you hear yourself or people often say –
“My site is not generating any revenue and I don’t know what to do”,
“Am nowhere in digital world”, “My site is so dull” or
“Who should I hire to get a good online web presence?”
Its all so confusing isn’t it. You may have some idea or know what you want and don’t know how to get it done or whom to approach.
OK, you should hire somebody who can take care of your entire online web presence and the term used to describe this position is web governance (WG).
Internally you can have a web governance team. If you prefer not to deal with the nitty-gritty managing this team, hire an external team, like a web design firm.
To make your life even better and easier, let me explain your role – All you need to do is put your expectations on the table.
You don’t need to know any technical term. You don’t even need to know what all should be implemented to meet your expectations.
Your objective/expectations could be anything, like say-
1. Generate revenue
2. Keep it updated
3. Impressive and professional
4. Reach more and better audience/market
If you are unable to define your online presence objectives, share your business objective/trajectory, and WG team will define online web presence objectives. They will also plan, organise and implement all that needs to be done to meet expectations.
WG includes every aspect of your digital web presence – Design work, coding, content generation, social media marketing, website enhancement, SEO, adwords. Anything and everything that is part of your online web presence.
So web governance is not “one time work” or doing “a part of work”. It is a continuous process.
WG usually goes on contract basis, with minimum of 6-12 months contract.
Web governance team will plan tasks and activities with clear indication of ROI. This makes the process transparent.
A couple of resources will be involved in the project. Standards and policies will be defined to make the process efficient.
These defined standards and policies, also help in easy transition of work to the next/new team.
Ten things you can expect from web governance:
1. Website enhancements, probably a brand new site if it is very old or build in old technologies
2. Maintaining fresh look of the site with regular home page updates
3. Regular blog posts to make site information rich
4. Improve your web presence on social media
5. Improve site usability
6. If you are online sales product company, they will be able to plan how to place products/content
7. Optimise the site for search engines.
8. Send regular newsletters
9. Understand and analyse site visitors through google analytics
10. Advertise on google and monitor ROI
Please note, you may not need all the above or your business may need something else all together. It all depends on your business and how to create visibility with target market.